Monday, February 4, 2013

Guest Blogger: Meerim Ruslanova


      “The World. For women,” were the first words I read about Agnes Scott before coming over to the States for my exchange semester. Back in August, I did not pay any attention to the logo. But my experience at Agnes indeed has shown me a new world, and what kind of potential women might have.
      The first and the most important characteristic of Agnes Scott is its friendly, respectful, educating, and liberal environment. No matter what you stand for or what you represent, the college will always try to facilitate your development in any kind of way. Being different is normal in this school, as well as being tolerant, smart, and ever-learning. Here, everything and everyone stimulates critical thinking, from small class sizes, to enormous work loads, which are in a way pleasantly painful.
       The second elements of Agnes that makes it Agnes, is its people. Here, you generate true friendship with students, faculty, and personnel, the kind of friendship that does not melt over distances.
And, Atlanta itself, of course, makes Agnes experience even more bright and engaging. The Big city is there for you to entertain, teach, and live. Day and night, Atlanta has always different things to offer, you only need to wish.
      Personally, I did not expect my exchange semester to be SO enjoyable. I even extended my stay for a year, so I can fully experience Agnes and Atlanta. And, honestly, there are no such words to describe the world you can find here. If you are still not considering this school, this is the time open your eyes wider. 



No comments:

Post a Comment